Hosting a Virtual World Café QI Story Telling Session – Top Tips
The World Café is built on the assumption that … People already have within them the wisdom and creativity to confront even the most difficult challenges; that the answers we need are available to us; and that we are Wiser Together than we are alone.(Café to Go, World Café, 2015)
You will be hosting the café and presenting your story about your improvement project journey with a group of participants interested in learning and connecting with you about how did this.
Create a virtual hospitable place to learn, share and connect
- Welcome everyone to your virtual table
- Use ChatBox for questions and inquisitive thoughts
- Hand up to speak and with an air of curiosity J
- Mute your microphone for storytelling
- Smile and have fun
- Connect the ideas
Set the context
Host – Share how your story about how you came about the idea?
Hosts – Explore questions that matter /presenting outline
- What motivated you to make this happen? What drivers were there?
- What change or change ideas did you have and want to make and then how did you go about it?
- What outcomes were you hoping for person accessing support/services and for staff? Were the two connected?
- Describe how you engaged your team with a person accessing support/services and carers involved in the project?
- How did you go about implementing your project, your challenges and successes and how you overcame these?
- What surprised you?
- And finally what was the outcome?
The host encourages everyone’s contribution
Allow time for questions for deeper learning and understanding and to connect and cross-pollinate ideas between participants
Participants role in the conversation
- Be curious
- Connect diverse perspectives
- Listen to discover insights
- Share collective discoveries
Host – You will be presenting 3 times and for 20 mins with 3 different groups of participants