The Art of Connecting – East Midlands Quality Improvement Virtual Conference 2021 – The Art of Connecting for Improvement
The Covid-19 pandemic has been a time that has required us all to think differently and be truly innovative in our initiatives and service delivery. Staff and services across Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland, and wider have adapted to new ways of working, with a common goal to support our Covid-19 response. Much of this innovative delivery has led to lasting change for the better, in some cases improving engagement, increasing productivity, and allowing us to embrace technology in a way that we were unable to before.
The LLR Academy is excited to announce that our annual Quality Improvement conference will be taking place from 15th November – 19th November 2021 in a virtual format. The week-long conference has been developed under the umbrella of the Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland (LLR) Academy and will be the first of its kind ‘system-wide’ event.
The conference will be a great opportunity to share learning across organisations, and has been designed as an immersive digital experience, with health and wellbeing at its core as a virtual ‘tapas learning’ opportunity. You’ll be able to log into the sessions that interest you, and with MS Teams fatigue in mind, no session will last for more than 50 minutes.
Confirmed keynote speakers so far include:
|Jackie Stavros and Cheri Torres – 15 November
Conversations Worth Having: Using Appreciative Inquiry to Fuel Productive and Meaningful Engagement
|Amar Shah – 16 November
Quality Improvement and Organisational Development
|Don Berwick – 19 November
An interview with Don Berwick on Quality Improvement and Healthcare
Plus more to come!
The conference will:
- Have sessions from leading local, national, and international thinkers in Quality Improvement
- Showcase examples of excellence in times of pressure and adversity
- Share learning across partner organisations
- Provide access to globally renowned keynote speakers
- Present an opportunity to ask questions and to network
- Allow delegates to learn more about the newly established QI network within LLR
- Look at the human factors elements of improvement and explore the importance of psychological safety
How do I register to attend?
Please note that numbers will be limited due to the capacity of our virtual platform. We advise you to book quickly to avoid disappointment!
Call for Virtual World Café Conversation Hosts
We’re on the lookout for great QI stories! Have you been involved with a QI project that you would be prepared to share with colleagues at the conference?
You will be hosting the café and presenting your story (on either the morning of the 17th or 18th November) about your improvement project journey with a group of participants interested in learning and connecting with you about what you learnt from the process.
More about the LLR Academy
The LLR Academy is a team of dedicated health and social care representatives working together across the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (LLR) system to improve outcomes and experiences for our patients and employees, creating ‘more good days’:
- Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
- Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Clinical Commissioning Groups
For the full list of partners, visit: LLR Academy Partners Page