MECC Healthy Conversation Skills training consists of two 3-hour face to face training sessions in which you will discover:
- How you can support someone to make healthy changes by exploring their world
- How using more effective responses can help people find their own solutions
- How you can support someone to make a behaviour change plan
- What the benefits are of spending more time listening to our service-users
- A range of behaviour change techniques and how they can be used
- An opportunity to practice and embed the skills
Who is it for?
Available to colleagues in any role working across the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Integrated Care System.
This practical skills development training is for front line workers who interact with the public and have an opportunity to support health and wellbeing. This training has been delivered to a range of workforces including doctors, nurses, APHs, housing, libraries, job centres, social care and many more.
What to expect?
The training is participatory and draws on your own experiences and beliefs. Each session is tailored to your training needs and helps you to identify opportunities in your own role to use the skills gained from the course.
Dates, times and format
Face to Face
Cohort 1 – Session 1 – 26th April, 2023 9-12 | Session 2 – 3rd May 2023 – 9-12
Cohort 2 – Session 1 – 4th July, 2023 1-4 | Session 2 – 11th July 1-4