Equality Diversity and Inclusion
What do we mean by EDI?
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) in the workplace is defined as ‘promoting equality of opportunity for all, through diversity, giving each individual the chance to achieve their potential, free from prejudice and discrimination.
In Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland (LLR) we serve a diverse range of communities and recognise that they have different needs which have to be considered as we develop solutions to provide more effective and efficient care – the same goes for our employees working across the LLR system.
Our Equality and Diversity objectives
- Deliver the highest standard of care and make our services welcoming and inclusive
- Continue to ensure services are fully accessible to all patients
- Continue to engage with patient and community groups, making sure information is accessible and specific to patients needs
- Make LLR a great place to work where everyone feels valued through our continued drive to eliminate incidents of harassment, bullying, and inappropriate behavior in the workplace.
- Use the LLR equality and diversity board to continually drive improvements across the system
- Work to address the Workforce Race Equality Standard, Workforce Disability Standard, EDS2, and Gender Pay Gap and promote equality and inclusion within
EDI during COVID-19
The LLR Academy are leading on the LLR EDI response during the Covid-19 pandemic by way of a taskforce that meet weekly to share updates and to make recommendations to the clinical leadership group. There are also many resources available through the NHS Our People website.